Find a trip
Realm Of The Polar Bear in Depth - M/V Polar Pioneer
- See the King of the Arctic, the mighty polar bear
- Visit the bird cliffs of Alkfejellet, where thousands of Brunnich's guillemots swirl around
- See walruses lounging around and seals on ice floes - great for photographs
- Take excursions in Zodiacs, to get off the boat and on shore in the Arctic
- Travel in the company of like-minded passengers on-board a friendly expedition ship
1Embark at Longyearbyen
2Ice Cliffs and Wildlife
3Ice Cliffs and Wildlife
7Hinlopen Strait and Alkefjellt
8Hinlopen Strait and Alkefjellt
11Disembark at Longyearbyen
Each departure date has it's own dedicated tour note, detailing all you need to know about that tour. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Realm of the Polar Bear in Depth - M/V Polar Pioneer tour available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this tour
Bottle of wine - from $12
Bottle of beer - from $3
Spirits (gin, whisky, vodka, port, rum) - from $5
Cocktails - from $5.50
Soft drinks (fizzy, fruit juice and water) - from $2.50
There is no internet access on board our ships, however you can pay to send and receive emails (no attachments). On the Polar Pioneer, the prices start from approximately 20 US cents per one kilobyte. Wi-fi access is available for laptops, with an email account set up for US$5, with the same download/sending fees.
A satellite telephone is available for use, and prices start from US$10 for 5 min.
Please Note: Due to the remote location of your voyage, making contact with the ship via telephone can be difficult and expensive.
It is better to carry US dollars for tipping and payment of bar bills on board the ship. You can also pay with all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard and American Express.