Home to Mont Blanc, the Matterhorn and the notorious Eiger, the Alps stretch through France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria and as far east as Slovenia. Thousands of fairy-tale, snow-capped peaks, huge glaciers, hidden valleys and high passes make this outstanding walking country.
Best of the Alps with Explore
Whether you are a seasoned trekker or a casual walker the options in the Alps are more or less endless. Each of our tours have been carefully researched and developed with many years of feedback from our customers, trek leaders and local partners.
The Alps: choices
With Explore you can pick a trekking grade to match your fitness level, find a trip with the right level of comfort, or go for a trip where walking is just one of the activities available. You can choose a centre-based holiday or go for a point-to-point walking route where your luggage is moved on between nightstops by vehicle.
Whatever you choose, the Alps rarely disappoint: a warm welcome, excellent food and wine, pure mountain air, and hiking through some of Europe’s most majestic landscapes – it’s an intoxicating mix and many Explore customers come back time and again.
Trek the Alps with Explore:
- Fully qualified International Mountain Leaders (IMLs)
- Trek leaders with extensive Alpine experience
- Range of treks to suit all abilities
- Choose between point-to-point or centre-based trekking
- Family run Alpine chalets and small hotels
- Our local partners live and work in the heart of the Alps
- Many meals included and picnics provided on all trekking days
- Transfers to and from airports included