There have been a couple of occasions in the Explore office when Operations Manager Rohan Prakesh has treated everyone to some of his famous cooking. His creations are so good that we thought it only fair to share one of the recipes with you.
Rohan said: "When cooking any kind of dish, I'd always suggest you make it to what you know you like, everyone has different tastes after all. What I've given here is a guide and you should definitely play with the amounts of the ingredients depending on your own tastes - sometimes the best food I've made has happened when I veered from the recipe!"
Cinnamon Chicken ingredients:
To make Rohan's cinnamon chicken you'll need the following:
1 kilogram small cut chicken pieces
1 Big Spoon of Ginger Paste
1 Big Spoon of Cinnamon Powder
1 Spoon of Black Pepper Powder
1⁄2 cup of butter
1⁄2 cup cream
1 tea spoon Maida (very finely grounded wheat flour)
2 cups of milk
4 Bay leaves
Mint leaves to serve
Putting the meal together is simple, just follow these steps:
1. Cut the chicken in small tender pieces
2. Cut the onions in small pieces boil them in water and then separate the water to leave a paste consistency
3. Transfer the onion paste to a frying pan and add the chicken, butter, ginger paste, cinnamon powder, black cinnamon powder, bay leaves and salt (to taste).
4. Let it cook slowly on a low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring once in a while.
5. Meanwhile add the ‘Maida’ into the milk and stir it.
6. Add this to the frying panafter 15 minutes.
7. Continue to cook together until it starts boiling, then add cream to it. Stir it and serve it with mint leaves…and enjoy!