2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 19 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 2 Dinners
- 3 nights Basic Camping
- 1 night Standard Traditional hut
- 3 nights Standard Lodge
- 2 nights Standard Beehive Huts
- 5 nights Standard Hotel
- 2 nights Standard Guest Farm
- 2 nights Standard Lodge
- 1 night Standard Guest House
4WD Safari vehicles/On foot/Chartered bus/Boat
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, driver(s), and some ranger/guide(s) /Boat crew.
Safari In South Africa And Swaziland
Combine a safari through South Africa and Swaziland with an exciting journey across the ‘Garden Route’ of the Western Cape. We visit 19th century Zulu battlefields, search for the Big Five in the renowned Kruger National Park and track black and white rhinos through Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Reserve. We discover the wetlands of Greater St Lucia and take a walking safari through Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary in search of giraffes, wildebeest and warthogs. Travelling to Africa’s southernmost point we climb Table Mountain and walk through the heart of the Stellenbosch winelands. We also discover the rugged Indian Ocean coastlines of Tsitsikamma National Park, watch penguins frolic on Boulders Beach and see game in Botlierskop’s private reserve. This holiday offers the chance to explore three different destinations on one extended adventure.
- Kruger - The most iconic National Park in South Africa.
- St. Lucia - A remarkable wetland home to hippo, crocodile and a myriad of bird species.
- Cape Town - An iconic, vibrant city surrounded by mountain and sea.
- Cape Peninsula - Visit Cape of Good Hope and the resident penguin colony.
- Stellenbosch - World renowned vineyards overlooked by stunning, rugged mountains.
- Tsitsikamma National Park - A marine and forest park in the heart of the famous Garden Route.
- Hermanus - The best place in Southern Africa to admire the humpback whales (in season).
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour in Johannesburg; drive to the Drakensburg Mountains
Hike in the Tugela Gorge
Visit the battlefields; drive Ulundi
Game Drives in Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve; drive St Lucia
At St Lucia Wetland Reserve
Drive to Swaziland
Game viewing and optional activities in Mlilwane Wildlife Reserve
Drive Kruger National Park
Game viewing in Kruger National Park; drive Graskop
Through Mpumalanga to Johannesburg, Fly Cape Town
Tour Cape Peninsular NP
Hike or cable-car up Table Mountain then drive to Stellenbosch.
Drive to Oudtshoorn
In Knysna; visit Tsitsikamma Park
Visit Botelierskop Private Game reserve, drive to Swellendam
Along the ‘Whale Route’ to Cape Town
Tour ends Cape Town