2013/14 Standard Itinerary
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s).
A variety of optional walks are available with a maximum of 5 hours walking per day. We have graded this tour as easy.
Slovenia Walking Tour
Glacial lakes, steep mountain cliffs and forested valleys are all part of this walking tour in Slovenia. We walk along the shores of crystal clear lakes, through grassy meadows and over rolling hills. We also explore the cobbled streets and Venetian gothic architecture of Piran on the Adriatic coast, as well as visit the underground caves at Skocjan and the dramatic Predjama Castle.
- Lake Bled - Picturesque town with a pretty lake and islet
- Triglav National Park - Walks in the Julian Alps from tranquil Lake Bohinj and optionals such as mountain biking and whitewater rafting
- Ljubljana - Majestic baroque capital city
- Skofja Loka - One of the most beautiful small towns in Slovenia
- Train from Bohinjska Bistrica to Nova Gorcia - One of the most scenic train journeys in Slovenia
- Skocjan Caves - Spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Piran - Venetian Gothic architecture of old Adriatic town
What we say
Staff Member Mel Budd travelled on this tour in 2012.
"Slovenia is a beautiful country with hardly any tourists. This tour has a brilliant mix of activities, walking, cycling & white water rafting. You really get to see local life on the cycling trip. Varied scenery Lakes, Mountains, Castle, Caves and the beautiful Venetian town of Piran on the sea!"
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Trieste Airport
Orientation tour of Ljubljana
Drive to Triglav National Park via Skofja Loka and Lake Bled
4 to 5
At Lake Bohinj; various walks and activities
Train to Nova Gorica, bus to the Skocjan caves, drive to Piran
In Piran; day free for optional activities
Tour ends Trieste Airport