2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 14 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
- 1 Lunch
- 5 nights Standard Hotel
- 7 nights Simple Hotel
- 2 nights Basic Village House
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, driver(s) + optional local guides.
North And South Morocco Adventure Tour
This trip combines a visit to the traditional Berber communities of the Anti-Atlas and Rif mountain ranges with a tour of the iconic ‘Red City’ of Marrakech, the Moroccan capital of Rabat and the Imperial city of Fes. We travel to the heart of the Sahara desert and into the Anti-Atlas Mountains. On the way we experience traditional Berber culture in the hillside villages of Jebel Lekst and Tagoudiche. In the ‘Red City’ we discover Djemma-el-Fna Square, the bustling Medina and the maze of souks. In the capital we explore the fortified town of Kasbah des Oudaias. Finally we spend time in the small fishing town of Essaouira, enjoying local cuisine and unwinding on the beaches of the Atlantic Coast.
- Travel with the locals - An exhilarating journey by local train and bus.
- Tangier - Morocco’s bustling port where the Mediterranean meets the Atlantic Ocean.
- Fes - The atmopsheric Medina also know as "Mecca of the West".
- Marrakech - Bustling souks and the vibrant Djemma-el-Fna.
- Atlas Mountains - North Africa’s most scenic mountain range.
- Tinfou Dunes - The impressive dunes of the Sahara.
- Tagoudiche - Two nights amongst Berber tribes.
- Essaouira - Charming port town on the Atlantic coast.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Tangier
Optional guided tour of Tangier; bus to Chefchouan
Bus to Fes
Train to Rabat; optional city tour
Train to Marrakech; free afternoon
AM optional walking tour; PM free
Drive across the High Atlas to Zagora;
In Zagora; visit Tamegroute; optional sunset camel ride at Tinfou
Drive to Tata via Foum Zguid and Tissint
Drive to Tagoudiche in the Anti-Atlas via Tafraoute
In Tagoudiche; optional walks
Drive to Essaouira
Drive to Marrakech; optional afternoon walking tour
Tour ends Marrakech