2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 12 nights Standard Hotel
- 2 nights Simple Guest House
Bus, ferry and internal flight.
Approx 6 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s) and interpreter guide.
Nepal And Tibet Walking Tour
A spiritual and cultural journey across Tibet, crossing high passes and visiting peaceful monasteries. We visit the Potala Palace, the Dalai Lama’s former residence and admire the sculptures of Palkhor Choide Monastery. We also visit the Tibetan Everest Base Camp in the shadows of the mighty mountain.
- Kathmandu - Explore the riverside temple complex at Pashupatinath and Buddhist Stupa at Bodnath
- Tsetang - Visit Yumbulagang Palace, the oldest dwelling place of Tibetan kings
- Samye - Take a ferry across the Tsangpo River to Tibet's first monastery
- Lhasa - Soak up at atmosphere at the dramatic Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Summer Palace
- Kumbum Stupa - View the famous paintings and sculptures inside this uniquely shaped stupa
- Tashilumpo - Reflect in the spiritual home of the Panchen Rinpoche.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Kathmandu
2 to 3
Fly to Gongkar; drive to Tsetang
In Tsetang; visit Samye Monastery
Drive via Mindroling Monastery to Lhasa
7 to 8
Drive over the Kamba La & Karo La to Gyantse
Visit Pala Manor; drive Shigatse (3890m)
Drive to Shegar (4350m)
Drive to Everest Base camp; overnight in Ronpghu
Drive to Nyalam (3893m)
Tour ends Kathmandu