2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 15 Breakfasts
- 8 Dinners
- 2 Lunches
- 12 nights Standard Hotel
- 3 nights Simple Guest House
Approx 15 -
Explore Tour Leaders (one in Armenia, another for Georgia) plus driver(s), and some local guides.
A Journey Through Georgia And Armenia
Following the ancient trade route through the South Caucasus we explore the fascinating history and culture of Armenia and Georgia. In Armenia we visit the Echmiadzin, Gelati and Haghpat Monasteries and the 14th century caravanserai on the Selim Pass. In Georgia we explore the streets of Tbilisi, visit Stalin's birthplace and journey along the Georgian Military Highway to Kazbegi in the heart of the Caucasus.
- Yerevan - Armenia's lively capital, visit the Matenadaran library and craft market
- Garni - Visit to Roman temple and walk through the impressive basaltic formations of this UNESCO-listed gorge
- Echmiadzin Sunday service in Armenia’s holiest monastery
- Lake Sevan - Overnight by the ever-changing colours of the lake.
- Vardzia - 12th Century Monastic cave city
- Gori - Stalin's birthplace with a fascinating museum
- Georgian Military Highway - Travel through spectacular scenery and visit mountain villages
- Mtskheta - Old capital and spiritual heart of Georgia
- Telavi -Enjoy wine tasting, farmers market and lunch with a local family.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Yerevan
AM visit Zvartnots and Echmiadzin; PM visit Garni Roman temple and Gegard monastery.
Full day visit to Amberd Fortress
Drive via Khor, Virab, Noravank Monastery, Selim Pass to Chambarak
Drive to Tbilisi (Georgia)
Drive via Mtskheta to Kutaisi
In Kutaisi; visit Gelati and Motsameta
Drive to Bakuriani
In Bakuriani; visit Vardzia
In Gudauri; visit Kazbegi
To Telavi and Winery visit
Visit farmers market and wine factory; return to Tbilisi
Tour ends in Tbilisi
Why not extend this tour?