2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 11 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Simple Guest House
Train, bus, tram and boat.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader/Interpreter.
This action-packed journey by high-speed railway covers all of Japan’s iconic sights. We explore Tokyo’s neon-lit streets, take a cable car to view Mount Fuji and discover Kyoto’s tranquil temples. Travelling off the normal tourist trail, we visit the site of the world’s fi rst atomic attack at Hiroshima and uncover the country’s rural charm with a boat trip to Hirado Island.
- Tokyo - Explore the neon bright Capital city, gateway to Japan
- Bullet Train - Experience comfortable rail travel at an average speed of 164 mph
- Kyoto - See the traditional side of Japan, stunning temples, immaculate zen gardens and geisha
- Hiroshima - Reflect at the site of the world's first atomic attack
- Hirado - Take a boat trip around the peaceful, unspoilt 99 islands
What we say
Staff Member Tanya Marchetti travelled on this tour in 2007.
"This Shogun Trail trip is a MUST. Why? Taking part in a tea ceremony, whizzing through Japan on the bullet trip, meeting a real life Geisha and asking her questions PLUS counting the number of Faux pas one group can make during the trip! "
What you say
Explore’s Hannah Methven travelled to Japan. Read about her highlights in her blog 'One week in Tokyo'
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Tokyo
Free time in Tokyo; excursion to Kamakura
Drive to Hakone; exploration
Train To Kyoto
6 to 7
Visit Hiroshima; train to Nagasaki
Ferry boat to Hirado
Exploring Hirado; afternoon train to Fukuoka
Tour ends Fukuoka