2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 6 Dinners
- 6 Breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 1 night Standard Hotel
- 5 nights Comfortable Cruise Boat
MV Ocean Nova, plus Zodiacs for shore excursions.
Approx 0 -
Ship crew plus specialist expedition staff.
Classic Antarctica - Fly And Cruise
Fly to Antarctica...
The unique Fly and Cruise format of this Antarctica itinerary offers the benefit of speed and comfort. Instead of spending multiple days sailing from South America, across the notorious Drake Passage, which is renowned for its stormy waters, you will board a four-engine jet and and in just about two hours arrive in Antarctica, where your ship will be waiting.
You can then set about your wildlife-watching along the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands. Each day (hopefully) you'll be able to explore the peninsula by Zodiac, for great photographic opportunities; you'll also enjoy lectures and presentations from on-board experts.
- Fly to Antarctica; maximising your time on the White Continent and with the wildlife
- From South America to Antarctica in just two hours
- Explore the South Shetland Islands and the surrounding ice-choked waterways
- See penguins, seals and sea birds up-close on land and from your Zodiac
- Visit an array of islands on the Antarctic Peninsula
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
South Shetland Islands
3 to 6
Explore the Antarctic Peninsula