2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 9 Dinners
- 9 Breakfasts
- 8 Lunches
- 9 nights Comfortable Cruise Boat
Prices listed are on a per person basis, sharing a triple cabin. Prices for various twin cabin types are also available.
MV Polar Pioneer, plus Zodiacs for shore excursions.
Approx 0 -
Ship crew plus specialist expedition staff.
Antarctic Circle - M/v Polar Pioneer
To the South Shetland Isles and Antarctic Peninsula
From Ushuaia, navigate the Beagle Channel then head south across the Drake Passage and across the turbulent waters of the Antarctic Convergence. Continue to the peninsula and make our way to the Polar Circle, stopping along the way. Ice-capped mountains, crevassed glaciers and endless white expanses herald our arrival in Antarctica. Possible landings include Paradise Harbour, Neko Harbour and cruising Lemaire Channel. Scientific research stations and abandoned whaling stations will also be of interest. Conditions permitting, we'll attempt two excursions per day to explore the rich diversity of wildlife and potential wildlife sightings include gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins, fur, leopard, Weddell and crabeater seals, minke and humpback whales - and possibly even orcas.
- Come nose-to-nose with Adelie, gentoo and chinstrap penguins
- Cross the Polar Circle - and head deep into Antarctica
- Take photos of seals, walruses and myriad birdlife
- See a variety of seal species including fur, Weddell and leopard
- Sail alongside minke, humpback and orca whales
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Crossing Drake Passage
4 to 9
Arrive at King George Island