To secure a booking we require a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the tour price. Occasionally, a higher deposit is required but you will be advised about this at the time of booking. If your travel starts within 60 days of booking, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
A higher deposit will be required if any suppliers require additional payment at the time of booking (or before the date at which the full balance becomes due). Occasionally, full payment for a particular service (such as your flights) may be required at the time of booking.
Our tours fill up quickly, so to guarantee your choice of tour and departure date it is best to book as early as possible.
If you are purchasing travel insurance from Explore, the full premium must be paid at the time of booking to ensure all cover (including cancellation cover) is valid.
A final invoice will be sent to you ten weeks before departure. This must be paid no later than 60 days before departure.
Cheque, Debit & Credit Cards
You can pay the deposit and final invoice by cheque, credit or debit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro or Solo. A credit card fee is not payable for the deposit payment and insurance premium. However, a 2% fee is payable (i.e. £2 per £100) if your final invoice is paid by credit card. This fee does not apply if payment is made by debit card.
- Travel Insurance – is mandatory for all customer on all Explore tours.
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions – must be declared to your insurers.
- Insurance documentation – all relevant information must be carried with you on tour.
- Passports – must be valid for at least six months.
- Visas – please leave adequate time to obtain all visas and make sure you have enough space in your passport for stamps.
- Fitness & Ability – you must be sufficiently fit and healthy to be able to take part in all included elements of the tour.
- Names – most airlines now require your full first name, middle name (if you have one) and surname. These must be provided exactly as they appear on your passport, otherwise boarding may be denied.
- Advance Passenger Information (API/APIs) – Some governments require you to provide personal information from your passport, before travel. We will advise you if this is required.
- Booking conditions – when you book, you will be asked if you have read and understood the Booking Conditions and General Information – please note that you are bound to do so. Although many people decide not to read the small print, you will find that a great deal of useful information is included within it. We really appreciate you taking the time to do this.