A short flight takes you to a land which seems like it’s a world away where traditional customs and culture have thrived for centuries. Small villages tucked away in the Atlas Mountains are home to the Berber people, many of whom wear the traditional jellaba (hooded gown) and white turban. In the larger towns and cities the haunting sound of the Muezzins making the call to prayer five times a day is a memorable sound and the sight of camels and mules being used as key modes of transport reminds you that life is very different here. It’s a great education for the children.
Explore family adventures to Morocco come in all varieties; we have trekking trips for families with older children, a gently-paced holiday especially for families with small children and journeys of discovery which are suitable for all.
Kids will love
- Riding camels in the Sahara Desert
- Playing on the beach in Essaouira
- Watching jugglers and acrobats in Marrakech
Parents will love
- Haggling for bargains in the souks of Marrakech
- Gentle treks in the Atlas Mountains
- Seeing the highlights of Morocco - with all the logistics taken care of